The mission of the HHS is to enhance the health and well-being of all Americans, by providing for effective health and human services and by fostering sound, sustained advances in the sciences underlying medicine, public health, and social services.
Start your screening journey and early detection through health.gov official healthfinder survey
CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.
Updates in testing and screening procedures and healthcare initiatives from national publications
- Tartar Sauce Recalled for Spoilageon January 26, 2021 at 4:14 am
Smelly fish aren’t the only thing to worry about rotting right now, as the FDA announced a voluntary tartar sauce recall from House-Autry Mills, Inc.
- Our Favorite Baby Bounceron January 25, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Here's our top pick for the best baby bouncer.
- Our Favorite Pick for Acne Treatmenton January 25, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Here's our top acne treatment pick.
- Our Choice for Best Breast Therapy Packon January 25, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Breastfeeding can sometimes be an uncomfortable and painful experience, but a breast therapy pack can help.
- Face Masks Are Going Techon January 25, 2021 at 12:46 pm
People will be hiding half their faces for the unforeseeable future. For those with a high-tech bent, you now have some innovative choices.
- How to win physician confidence in remote patient monitoring programson January 22, 2021 at 4:33 pm
CIOs need to look beyond just EHRs and explore stand-alone platforms to enhance care delivery – keeping focused on reliable patient data and streamlined clinical workflows.
- As Overdoses from Opioids Fall, Those from Meth Riseon January 22, 2021 at 3:00 pm
In a study published by JAMA Psychiatry methamphetamine overdose deaths rose dramatically over an eight-year period from 2011-2018
- Biden Takes the Reins, Calls for a United Front Against Covid and Other Threatson January 21, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Joe Biden on Wednesday took the oath to become the 46th president of the United States, vowing to bring the nation together in the midst of an ongoing pandemic that has claimed more than 400,000 lives, enormous economic dislocation and civil unrest so serious that the U.S. Capitol steps where he took his oath were surrounded not by cheering crowds, but by tens of thousands of armed police and National Guard troops.
- It’s Thyme for a New Coronavirus Weaponon January 21, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Disinfectant wipes and sprays have been in short supply as people scramble for the old standbys of home disinfecting. But a recent EPA approval now permits a new weapon into the arsenal: a thyme-derived disinfectant spray from Laboratoire M2, Inc.
- Joe Biden’s inaugural address gives hope to the millions who stutteron January 21, 2021 at 5:33 pm
President Joe Biden called for American unity after four years of political divisiveness and the “raging fire” it provoked. The new president stutters, and his speech, made with the whole world watching, was a powerful example to those millions of Americans who, like me, stutter.
- Pepperoni Hot Pockets Recalled for Contaminantson January 20, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Nestle Prepared Foods issues massive 700,000-pound recall of Hot Pockets.
- The vaccine raceon January 20, 2021 at 6:55 am
We are witnessing a race in the vaccine rollout. A race towards the light at the end of a tunnel and a race which will likely define the next few years, according to Dr Charles Alessi, chief clinical officer at HIMSS.
- As More Get Vaccinated, More is Learnedon January 20, 2021 at 4:15 am
With both Covid-10 vaccines now in distribution, more shots are reaching more arms. But, more shots yield more data, more reactions, and hence, more problems.
- Creating sustainable healthcare solutions and addressing the 10/90 gapon January 19, 2021 at 7:01 am
The right to health, not just the access to healthcare, requires a holistic understanding of how we can provide a better quality of life and wellbeing for the individual and society, argues Bogi Eliasen, director of health at the Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies and a member of the HIMSS Future50 Community.
- Not So Sweet: FDA Shuts Down Washington Juice Processoron January 15, 2021 at 11:22 pm
Juice manufacturer in Washington state is shut down, accused of selling product contaminated with toxins.