The mission of the HHS is to enhance the health and well-being of all Americans, by providing for effective health and human services and by fostering sound, sustained advances in the sciences underlying medicine, public health, and social services.
Start your screening journey and early detection through health.gov official healthfinder survey
CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.
Updates in testing and screening procedures and healthcare initiatives from national publications
- A Direct Recommendation From A Doctor May Be The Final Push Someone Needs To Get Vaccinatedon November 25, 2021 at 6:10 am
Sometimes facts and statistics aren’t enough to convince someone to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- How To Help Kids With ‘Long COVID’ Thrive In Schoolon November 24, 2021 at 6:41 am
Many long COVID-19 symptoms — such as fatigue, brain fog and memory impairment — are similar to those experienced post-concussion.
- What’s The Difference Between A PCR And Antigen COVID-19 Test? A Molecular Biologist Explainson November 24, 2021 at 6:29 am
All COVID-19 tests start with a sample, but the scientific process goes very differently after that.
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Could Reach A Point Of ‘Self-Extinction’ In The Long Run: Reporton November 23, 2021 at 9:30 am
Experts are saying that the dominant strain could mutate itself into extinction in the long run.
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Appears To Increase Stillbirth Risk: CDCon November 22, 2021 at 8:03 am
Pregnant women who get infected with the delta variant are at a higher risk of having a stillbirth, according to new findings.
- Hosparus Health raises $28 million in campaignon November 21, 2021 at 5:18 pm
Hosparus Health today announced it has raised $28 million in its People of Compassion comprehensive fundraising campaign to enhance and expand hospice and palliative care services in 41 counties in Kentucky and Indiana. The total surpasses its original goal of $24 million. Hosparus launched the campaign in January 2017 to address five critical areas...
- Write a letter or email your legislator, help Kentucky nurseson November 21, 2021 at 5:16 pm
By Delanor Manson, MA, BSN, RN Thanks to nurse leaders around the commonwealth, the nursing shortage has moved from breakroom talk and conference room agendas among providers to statewide and national news coverage. The Kentucky Nurses Association (KNA) recently hosted a press conference to discuss this urgent matter and the results of its October 2021...
- Health Enterprises Network hosts discussion on health equityon November 21, 2021 at 5:08 pm
Local leaders of healthcare organizations convene to promote communication, collaboration. By Sally McMahon GLI’s Health Enterprises Network (HEN), along with presenting sponsor Deloitte, hosted an in-person panel discussion on pursuing health equity as an outcome at the Louisville Central Community Center. HEN is an investor-led organization working to champion and foster the growth of the...
- The No Surprises Act regulations –The first two installmentson November 21, 2021 at 5:04 pm
By Sarah Charles Wright The No Surprises Act or “NSA” which goes into effect January 1, 2022, mandates group health plans and insurers to cover emergency and other hospital-based services furnished by out-of-network (OON) facilities and providers as if they were in-network. Two sets of implementing regulations have now been issued jointly by four federal...
- Policy reversal means return of per day fines for nursing homeson November 21, 2021 at 5:03 pm
By: Lisa English Hinkle and Ed Monarch On July 19, 2021, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rescinded a guidance issued in 2017 that significantly limited the discretion of CMS Locations to impose substantial fines for noncompliance. The 2017 Guidance directed that Civil Money Penalties for past-noncompliance that had been fully addressed by the facility...
- Meet Sarah Moyer, MD, MPH Director, Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellnesson November 21, 2021 at 4:58 pm
Fast Facts Hometown: Northbrook, IL Family: Husband, Jed Moyer, pediatric orthopedic physician with Norton Healthcare; children: twins James, and Landon (7), Teddy (5) and Rosie (2). Outside of work, you will find me: Spending time with my family at one of Louisville’s fantastic parks, walking around our neighborhood or cuddled up on the couch together...
- Broadband is the Achilles' heel of telehealthon November 18, 2021 at 10:16 pm
The fate of virtual care adoption is tied to the fate of broadband expansion.
- Flu vs. COVID-19: Why Experts Are More Worried About The Influenza Viruson November 18, 2021 at 6:06 am
Experts are now worried that a flu pandemic might happen and it could have a bigger impact than COVID-19.
- Black Friday Deals 2021: Save Up to $600 On Health, Fitness & Exercise Equipmenton November 17, 2021 at 4:28 pm
It's time for Black Friday once again. Here are the best deals on exercise and health equipment you can get this year!
- Antidepressants Could Lower Death Risk In COVID-19 Patients: Studyon November 17, 2021 at 6:31 am
A study is shedding light on fluoxetine’s ability to lower the risk of death in COVID-19 patients.