The mission of the HHS is to enhance the health and well-being of all Americans, by providing for effective health and human services and by fostering sound, sustained advances in the sciences underlying medicine, public health, and social services.
Start your screening journey and early detection through health.gov official healthfinder survey
CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.
Updates in testing and screening procedures and healthcare initiatives from national publications
- Ohio’s health tech capability – too big to go unnoticedon February 3, 2023 at 6:58 pm
CINCINATTI — Feb. 3, 2023 — A number of transactions and growth announcements highlight how Ohio’s health tech and life science community continues to grow Safecor – a unit dose packager in Columbus – is adding 100 jobs https://columbusregion.com/press-releases/safecor-health-expands-in-the-columbus-region-creating-100-new-jobs/ Meridian Bioscience – a developer and manufacturer of diagnostics in Cincinnati – successfully closes on $1.5...
- Northern Kentucky home medical equipment company continues growth streakon February 3, 2023 at 6:49 pm
CINCINATTI — Feb. 2, 2023 — Wilder, Kentucky-based Quipt Home Medical reports record Q4 and FY2022 results posting positive net income, 37% revenue growth and 37% EBITDA growth https://quipthomemedical.com/2022/12/22/quipt-home-medical-reports-record-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-year-2022-financial-results-posting-positive-net-income-revenue-growth-of-37-and-adjusted-ebitda-growth-of-37/
- Indiana bill would prevent physician non-competeson February 3, 2023 at 6:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS – Feb. 3, 2023 — Following a similar move also under consideration at the Federal Trade Commission, the Indiana legislature is considering a bill that would bar non-compete agreements for physicians https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2023/bills/senate/7
- Indianapolis-based Elevance Health reports FY2022 results – gaining 2.2 million memberson February 3, 2023 at 6:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS – Feb. 3, 2023 — Similar growth in 2023 would mean Elevance could serve as many as 50 million people in the U.S. across Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial health plans https://www.elevancehealth.com/newsroom/elv-quarterly-earnings-q4-2022
- Wright State University and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base reach partnering dealon February 3, 2023 at 6:18 pm
DAYTON — Feb. 3, 2023 — The University and the Air Force’s Human Performance Wing will share space and equipment, including a specialized MRI scanner, to further their common research aims.
- Scion Health completes acquisition of specialty hospital and senior living companyon February 3, 2023 at 6:10 pm
LOUISVILLE, KY. — Feb. 3, 2023 — The acquisition adds 15 specialty hospitals, eight senior living locations and approximately 3,000 employees https://www.scionhealth.com/about-us/news/2023/01/23/scionhealth-completes-acquisition-of-cornerstone-healthcare-group
- Prescribing Medication Dosage According To DNA Profile Lowers Side Effects By 30%: Studyon February 3, 2023 at 9:57 am
“The one-size-fits-all approach for prescribing medication is outdated,” Leiden University Medical Center said in a statement.
- Mad Cow Disease Found On Farm In Netherlandson February 3, 2023 at 9:04 am
“There is a chance that other cattle have also eaten this feed and become infected from it. In that case, measures must be taken to manage risks to food safety and public health,” Agriculture Minister Piet Adema said.
- Birth Of 16-Pound Infant: Know What Factors Predispose Mothers To Having Giant Babieson February 3, 2023 at 7:40 am
For context, the normal weight of newborn babies is typically 7lb 6oz for boys and 7lb 2oz for girls.
- Most US Adults Want Sale Of Menthol Cigarettes, Tobacco Products Stopped: Surveyon February 3, 2023 at 3:45 am
More than half of adults in the U.S. support the banning of tobacco products.
- Green Mediterranean Diet: Why It’s Healthier Than The OG Mediterranean Dieton February 3, 2023 at 2:26 am
The green version is said to offer more health benefits, including weight loss.
- Can Cold Weather Trigger A Heart Attack? A Cardiologist Answerson February 3, 2023 at 12:38 am
More heart attacks happen during the winter season. A cardiologist has explained why this is so.
- Diesel Fume Inhalation Impairs Brain Function: Scientistson February 2, 2023 at 11:51 pm
They found a possible link between impaired cognitive function and brief exposure to diesel exhaust.
- Scientists Develop Fentanyl Vaccine To Counter Drug Addiction, Prevent Overdose Deathson February 2, 2023 at 11:47 pm
The team said this would be a “game changer” in addiction treatment.
- Migraine Associated With Increased Risk Of Preterm Delivery, Preeclampsia: Studyon February 2, 2023 at 10:33 am
The study found migraine diagnosed pre-pregnancy was associated with adverse outcomes during pregnancy, including preterm delivery, gestational hypertension and preeclampsia.